If true, this should see the immediate resignations of the Prime Minister Scott Morrison and the Australian Federal Police Commissioner Reece Kershaw.
Again, if true, it displays no principles, no respect for the people that they purportedly serve and no simple decency. There were little children everywhere.
Received from Michael Darby today…
Highgate Sub- Branch
Returned and Services League of Australia
Dear Secretary Greg Wilson,
Please place this Motion on the Notice Paper for the next meeting of Highgate Sub-Branch.
NOTICE OF MOTION
That Highgate Sub-Branch:
- Expresses deep concern at the apparent use by Federal Police of a sonic cannon (Long Range Acoustic Device) as a weapon against peaceful demonstrators at Parliament House Canberra on 13 February 2020.
- Notes that The Academy of Doctors of Audiology (USA) stated on 19 June 2020:
The Academy of Doctors of Audiology calls on police departments to cease the use of LRADs as a method of crowd control. Weaponized LRAD use should be banned and prosecutable by law. Because of the highly focused and intense sound delivered by LRADs, use as non-lethal crowd control is unacceptable and inhumane, and has the potential to cause immediate and irreversible hearing damage. The direct physical harm caused by weaponized deployment of LRADs on citizens cannot be denied. The capability of LRADs to cause permanent damage and injury constitutes an excessive use of force in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment. The potential to cause permanent damage endangers not only protesters, but also journalists, observers, and other peaceful bystanders.
- Deplores the reckless disregard of human health and welfare in directing dangerous weaponry against perceived opponents of government policy.
- Maintains that the proper role of the RSLA includes advocacy for individual liberty and rejection of authoritarianism.
- Calls on the RSLA National Office and State and Territory Branches to intercede with Governments of their respective jurisdictions to ban permanently the use of sonic weaponry against Australians.
Kindly advise whether I need a seconder for the Motion.
Service Member Number: 2783600
Sub-Branch: Highgate, WA (formerly Manly Lota, Queensland)
Editor, Unchain Australia www.michaeldarby.net/unchain
PO Box 336, Maddington WA 6989
0400 764 197
Acknowledgements: Senator Alex Antic, Senator Malcolm Roberts, Candidate for Reid Simeon Boikov
Greg Melick, AO RFD FANZCN SC.
National President, RSL Australia
PO Box 30, Campbell ACT 2612
Peter Aspinall AM
State President, RSL (Tasmania Branch)
President, RSL South Australia (embracing Northern Territory and Broken Hill Sub-Branches)
Dr Robert Webster OAM FCPA FAPI FRICS
State President, RSL Victoria
Ray James OAM
President, RSL NSW
State President, RSL Queensland
President, RSL Australian Capital Territory